This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Friday 22 June 2012

Child of my Heart - Scrap Africa - Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone

I have been so priviledged to be the guest designer at Scrap Africa for their Colour Combo Challenge this week and just love the challenge that they provided.

The challenge was to use at least 3 colours from the South African flag.
So here is the layout that I created.


This was such a different kinda style for me, but I think the result was really nice.  I really only used cardstock and used 2 little bits of October Afternoon patterned papers for the corners.  I used MME cut outs and Making Memories rub-ons, 7 Gypsies stickers and Echo Park stickers.

The white patterned dots were painted onto the black cardstock and then I added some buttons for effect.

Here are some more close-ups.



These are 2 of my favourite pictures of my son...and this title rings absolutely true..Child of my Heart!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a great weekend.
Denise xx

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a guest designer at Scrap Africa!!!

    I love the way you designed this layout so that the elements flow gracefully across the page. You also did a great job highlighting the colors of the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the brightness and contrast in this your LO, Denise! thank you for your great project you created for Scrap Africa! it was a big pleasure to feature you as our GD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Svetlana...it was MY pleasure to create for Scrap Africa!
      and I also love how this layout turned out...not my usual style...but I love it!

      Delete