This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 9 June 2013

Love My Shoes - OUAS June Challenge

Hello Everyone

I hope you are enjoying the weekend!

It is supposedly winter here in Africa, but my goodness, we surely can't complain about the weather! Beautiful blue skies and wonderful sunshine is the order of the day! ;-))

I had to laugh when I saw the OUAS challenge, as I had just completed my DT layout for Zeus and Zoe and the challenge is all about my favourite things.  So I had done a layout of some of my shoes.  So the OUAS challenge is about exactly that, my 1 guilty pleasure, my shoes (of course, that is next to my scrapping goodies!!!)

So here was the sketch.



And here is my page.


I wanted to make my page a bit edgy, a bit steampunky and a bit sharp, to match my shoes. So I went with Graphic 45 papers, Steampunk Debutante and Olde Curiosity Shoppe.

My journalling is on a tag underneath the photo and says this:
My love of shoes comes a long way. There is no better retail therapy than looking for a new pair of shoes! Next to scrapbooking supplies, shoes must be my next guilty pleasure! In fact, what guilt at all??!!!!!! There is nothing better than stepping out in style! ;-)



Supplies used:
Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante collection
Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe collection
Prima Vintage Trinkets
Chiswick flowers
Enmarc Chipboards
7 Gypsies tag and stamp
Belle Brocade Stencil

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you have a super day!
Denise x

20 comments:

  1. oh wow, Denise! this is such a great one! love it! thank you for playing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Denise. Gorgeous shoes although I would never be able to wear such high heels. I wear flats all the time. Love the embellies on this LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I mention that I just LOVE this layout...AND the SHOES!! Oh the shoes!!!Really fantastic layout and the perfect papers and embellies :) You have outdone yourself here!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can so relate to this...I once counted my shoes and stopped at 159 pairs... guilty pleasure ? maybe obsession... but like you say who cares. This is a fabulous edgy layout and I love the shoes, but now I don't wear high shoes much my feet hurt like hell so I stay with flats but they have to be pretty flats. Gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fab layout! You have the most amazing shoe collection! Great take on the sketch x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout Denise! Love the fancy shoes! Love the steam punk look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with this challenge and it is fun seeing another paid of your collection. I love your stencilling and the papers you chose for this layout is perfect to showcase your boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally relate to your secret pleasure!Really awesome page - and I love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so very beautiful!!! Love all of the layers, embellies, textures and colors. I even love the boots in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous page, Yes I love shoes too :) great take on challenge , awesome boots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic layout! WOW!! And gorgeous boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Denise! he he just like Val my footsies and high heels don't go together any longer but my flats have to be snazzy! Absolutely fabbo details, thanks a million for sharing your page with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shoes look beautiful and you have scrapped them to perfection. Fabulous vintage page with lots of lovely details! Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOOOW!!! Gorgeous page! I just love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your LO Denise. The masking and layers are fabulous!! I can totally relate to your guilty pleasure, I just love shoe shopping!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous layout, lovely details :) So glad you joined us at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome photo and layout! It is very interesting to look at! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, Denise! you totally rocked this challenge! so many interesting quirky details on your LO! love it totally!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love how you embellsihed the page and the elements you picked to fit the photo.
    Thanks for playing with us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is such a great take on the challenge and yes I can totally understand your guilty pleasure! Thank you for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete