This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Enjoy the Journey - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Everyone

I started a canvas about 5 weeks ago and it kinda sat on my desk, while I was doing other DT projects etc.  But last night at 9.30pm I had a little bee in my bonnet and finished it off! I was mighty pleased with the end result.

So here is my finished mixed media canvas.


This photo was taken at Salt Rock last year, and Joe was running and playing on the beach here.


I wanted to incorporate some real shells and pebbles.  These were collected by myself at Salt Rock about 30 years ago. It's quite a scary thought that so many years have passed already!!


I painted my chipboard grasses first, then lightly and randomly embossed them, and then added some more white paint for depth.


I used lots of gesso, paints, spritzes, stamps and gauze. All the papers, stickers and chippies are from the really cool Zip-A-Dee-Doodle BoBunny collection. The stamps used were also BoBunny.

Thanks for popping by!
I hope you find some scrappy time today!
Denise x



7 comments:

  1. Wow, it's amazing
    I love "beach" pages
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a wonderful sense of freedom and peace about this canvas Denise. The photo sets the scene and the sea side elements all add to the feeling of relaxation...I like the addition of shells and stones from an earlier time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful details , love the shells and the green touches of leaves, great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is stunning! The swirls, grass, and shell altogether look amazing here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah that is so cute. Love the grass and the shells...Joe looks so happy on the beach. You have created a beautiful little scene there. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your canvas is beautiful. I love that you added shells and pebbles from the same beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gprgeous canvas! Love it!! Especially the authenticity of the shells!!!

    ReplyDelete