This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Love, Live Music - OUAS Feb Challenge

Hello Everyone

I have just managed to squeeze this page in before the deadline. I was sure at one point that I would not get to play along.  But, I am pleased that I managed to get this page done in time.

So here is the challenge.

Journalling Theme: "Totally addicted to...." 

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 




Here is my take on it.


My title of Love, Live Music kinda tells you what this page is about.  My journalling card that starts with "Me" that you can see peeking out behind the phone dial says this: I absolutely cannot go a day without turning on the radio and listening to the music.  There is normally a song that stays with me the entire day and which I cannot get out of my brain.  I know song words and artists and love to dance and sing, even if just doing the dishes.  I love and live music!


I really did not have a photo of me, that would have depicted my love of music.  So I went to Pinterest and saw this retro photo of this awesome radio with these gorgeous flowers, and just knew that this was perfect.
So I created this page to compliment the photo and I love how it turned out.


The background involved lots of gesso, stencilling, texture paste, paints, inks, stamping and washi.


I used the Fancy Pants Trendsetter Collection. The colouring was a perfect match with the photo.

Thanks for stopping by to see my take on this challenge!
I hope you have a super evening!
Denise x

16 comments:

  1. Stunning layout Denise! what an awesome retro feel you have given to your layout! love all the layering and tags. stunning creation! love every inch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the retro photo around which you built your page. I share your love of music; it touches me in a way nothing else can. The choice of colours are perfect with the photo and I love all the wash and stamping….gorgeous interpretation of the challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Denise! Love the image and the colours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning page!!!!!!!! Love the colors and details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool page - & lovely & bright. I really, really like that circle you've got going tucked in behind the photo, too:):) Fab take on our OUAS challenge this month...glad you squeezed it in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWSER Denise... I love this... you have gone above and beyond with this one. MY fave colour combo at the moment and I love old stuff like that photo... and it is just a fabulous layout. I absolutely love it. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the look! Love the retro feel! Just burst of fun! FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise, what a fabulous and fun layout!! You totally rocked the retro vibe in your cool photo! Love how you tucked your journaling tag in amongst the layers. I’m so glad you have joined us for the February Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your layout on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. well you squeezed in a beauty at the last minute. I am loving all those layers and that old school retro look. as the saying goes you saved the best for last ...this is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning page and color palette! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowee! This is stunning, Denise! Love the colours and what a great subject to scrap about!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And now I can thank you for joining us at OUAS for this month!!! Hope you will become a regular as well Denise!!! Just love the vibrant colours of this page...and the image is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Denise! What a gorgeous layout! I love all the texture and pretty washi tape! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo, I love the whole retro feel you've created here Denise. Gorgeous page! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool indeed. Love your retro colour palette. You nailed it here Denise :) I was going to say have a good week but it's Friday tomorrow - bwahahaha!! Time is flying!! BTW my photo printer is broken again so I haven't tackled Joe's picture yet but hopefully that will happen soon xo

    ReplyDelete