This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Monday 10 February 2014

My First Book - CSI Case File no.109

Hello Everyone

Monday sure was a busy day! I hope you have had a good one.

I finished my page for the new case file at CSI...it is a goodie.



Here's my take on it.



Evidence: Books stacked, Mimic the architechural details
Testimony: The word read
This photo is about the first book that I have ever owned, one that I bought for myself.
My journalling is a tag in the little folder behind the photo that says Memories.
My journalling says this: This was the first book I ever bought for myself. It was bought at a fete or something but I remember how proud I was that I owned a book. I read it from cover to cover and many times over! It was the first of many books that I bought and loved! 1983




I used a combination of Prima School Memories collection and 7 Gypsies, along with some DoCrafts. Quite a mix match.


I wanted the page to have a bit of a vintage feel, as this book is quite old.


I love reading, and this was certainly the start of my love affair with books! This, however, is probably the only book that I for certain know the Title and the author...I am just horrid at remembering book titles and authors. BUT ask me any song title or artist and I could tell you. I wish I knew why that is! LOL

Anyways, thanks for visiting today!
I hope you have an awesome day!
Denise x

10 comments:

  1. Lovely Layout Denise! Revisiting old memories with LOs is the best part about creating them! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Denise. Awesome to see what can be done with this bold primary colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes "Black Beauty", a favourite of mine too. I share your passion for books, life would be bleak without them. I love the blend of papers here, all working harmoniously together, with lots of symbolism in the stacked books and the typewriters :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely layout. I love that photo and that you still have the book...It is a classic. I love how everything flows across the page and the library card is so cool. Great job Denise a fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You did it! You really got all those colors in there just perfectly. These colors would be tough for me, but you did this so well! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise! I absolutely LOVE how you scrapped about your first book. (awesome book, too!) Your layout is so wonderful in so many ways. I love what you did with this challenge, and I really like that you created an amazing memory here, too. And thanks, so much, for leaving such nice comments at my blog, too1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise....gorgeous page...love the photo and you have solved this case perfectly...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layout Denise! Awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely page! Great take on the case file too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I wish i could recall what my first favourite book was. Love your pocket at the top along with all your other little details

    ReplyDelete