This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 16 February 2014

Pretty Perfect - Scrap Around the World Feb Challenge

Hello Everyone

I hope you have had a restful and good Sunday! I have had a good one, and have enjoyed some rest, some scrapping, some swimming and just chilling at home! ;-)

I finished a page for the Scrap Around the World Feb Challenge here.  This was the super mood board.



I loved the various shades of purple on that amazing cake. So that was the inspiration for my page.  I created a page using various shades of purple. I also liked the little bit of gold bling that was thrown in to the mix, and so also added a little bit of gold bling to my page.

Here is what I came up with.


I used quite a number of different purples and then my embossed bricks were made with gold and terracotta embossing powder.


This photo is of my sweet little neice. She is just adorable in this photo! The tag underneath the photo has some journalling on and I just wanted to write a little note for her.  Sadly her parents have split up and it has meant that I have not seen very much of her for months, and my note just wanted to let her know that she is still in our hearts and thoughts.


I really went to town on the background and it actually took me quite some time. There were many techniques and they all took time to dry and settle. Gluing strips, gessoing, adding washi tape, stamping, watercolouring, embossing, splatsing! LOL


I also embossed this gorgeous chipboard piece from Enmarc, with purple ink and white powder, and then still inked the edges again with purple.  I love how it came out.


I was actually surprised at how many purple flowers I had! I really did not think that I had that many!
So luckily I had quite enough for this page.

I really loved working with the purples...quite a few people shy away from it..
Do you scrap with purple?

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a super Sunday!
Denise

11 comments:

  1. Such a darling photo and a sweet page! Love the layers of flowers and the chippies! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple you say? Not my go to colour, but you make it look easy. And you combined it with gold and teracotta! I would not have imagined that would work, but it's a triumph. Gorgeous work with the chippie and such a darling photo. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout Denise! Such a sweet photo! Love all the beautiful blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahahah I love Helens reply... I love purple. In fact there is NO colour that scares me... I love what you have done with it here and the background is so pretty. Such a cute photo... Another stunning layout Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous layout Denise. Love the background work, the blooms and the sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely Denise! Thanks for playing at SATW again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple is a colour I never scrap...I love what you created and as Helen says...you make it look so easy. I love how the green pops on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely take on the challenge! I love purple! It's a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is just absolutely stunning! The colors, the flowers, the swirl.....what a gorgeous page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete