This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Saturday 1 February 2014

Scrap Africa - Sketch no.26

Hello Everyone

There is a new sketch up at Scrap Africa and hopefully you can play along.



We have some super inspiration on the blog and so please pop by to have a look! ;-)

You can also win this super prize pack from Molossi.



Here is my take on it.


I love this photo of Joe and was one that I really wanted to scrap. I used Teresa Collins Now and Then Collection and did some old fashioned pencil shading, which actually turned out so well.


I just added some splatters of ink and some arrows and little bits of washi tape.


I love this layout and it is a reminder to me to scrap these little everyday moments that are so special.



Yesterday and today were quite sad days for me, in that a friend of mine lost her daughter, she was only 28. I went to visit her today and it was absolutely heart wrenching to see this family so lost and broken by this shocking loss.  It was another reminder to me that we must treasure these everyday moments and that life is quite short sometimes.

I hope you have a super Saturday!
Enjoy this very day for what is it!
Denise x


5 comments:

  1. How very sad about your friend. I am glad you are there for her. Your page with it's lovely hexagons are very ptetty. Love the pencil shading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! LOVE the sketch and what you've done with it! Soooooooooooo talented my friend.....oh yes you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rather sad post Denise . However I do agree with you in making the most of every moment. A lovely wistful photo of your son and a super duper layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First up I have to tell you that I love that Joe wears co-ordinating clothes... :) appeals to me :D Such a sweet photo and I love the layout you created with the earthy colours. Great take on the sketch too. Love this.
    I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that they find some comfort at this time. <3 hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty amongst sadness. Too sad to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete