This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 13 May 2014

12345...and before we knew it she was 13! - Scrap Around the World May Challenge

Hello Everyone

I hope that you are having a great week so far!

I have a page for the awesome celebratory challenge at Scrap Around the World here. There are really some lovely prizes to be won.

Here is the mood board.



There is certainly much to celebrate and this year my neice turned 13. I had created a canvas a few weeks back of her birthday, but then had given it to her.  So this layout is for MY treasure store! ;-)
We had a super celebratory dinner and here she is opening her gift from us. So all of these things tying into the mood board.


My title is a long one and is 12345...and before we knew it she was 13 and by golly, how true this is! She was just yesterday a baby and today she is a young woman! She is almost as tall as I am...it's scary! ;-)
So this page is to celebrate and represent her blossoming into young womanhood!


I used Modern Miss from BoBunny, which is so perfect for this page! I love the colouring and fresh styling of this collection!


I am simply loving the the mixed media and so I played with paints, stamps, gesso, water and it was huge fun,as always!


I wanted to keep the styling young and fresh too, in keeping with this young beauty and her 13th birthday.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a super evening!
Denise x

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful page my dear
    I love all little details here
    xoxo
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow a stunningly creative take on the inspiration.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page for a beautiful girl. I really like the angular matting behind. Lovely clusters and MM. I love the little side clusters too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Denise what fun memories.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and beautiful girl :) Love your background job, well done! Thank you for playing along with us at SATW <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really really gorgeous page Denise! I love your LOs so much! Lovely pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful page Denise. I love the papers in the background with the texture paste over it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You add so much interest in your page, wonderful and beautiful layout Denise!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great page! They do grow fast don't they? I really like how you lined the side of the page with numbers and you journaling is terrific! really well put together! Beautiful girl! All the best! http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout! I love the design with so many great details!
    Thank you for playing at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! Love the colors, embellishments and design.Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Denise, I really love this layout very creative and she is very pretty! Time flies by so fast I can still remember when our boy was born, dirty laundry ect he's now 9.....Lovely take on the mood board!! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at Scrap Around the World hugs Amy xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page, dear! Love the embelishments and colors! Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the challenge and I love the colours.... good luck :D

    ReplyDelete