This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Farewell Card

Hello Everyone

I have to share this story with you.

I was asked to make a card for a colleague of mine (a guy), that is retiring at the end of the month and the workplace is holding a farewell party for him on Friday.  So I was asked to bring the card on Monday.  Over the weekend the card went straight out of my head and so Monday came and I had made no card and felt a little bad, but said I would bring it today.

This morning I woke up at 3am and it was the first thing I thought...I haven't made a card yet! I got up at 3am and made this card and then got back into bed at 4am...not that I went back to sleep!!!!

Can you believe that I could be so dilly!!!!! I was so cross with myself.! But thankfully, the card turned out okay!

So here is my 3am, masculine, farewell card.


I used BoBunny Wild Card and the Souvenir Ephemera Pack, along with some Kaisercraft stamps.
Having a collection, with matching accents etc. surely did help!

Not too bad for 3am!!!!! LOL

Have you ever done something dilly like this????

Have a super day!
Denise


12 comments:

  1. Ooops! NO! I mean DOUBLE ooops!!! Nope - never gotten up at that hour to make a card.....but it's a corker. I think you should do it more often;) LOOOOVE the arrow over the top like that. Looks great.....and PHEW! At least you got it made....I did, once, COMPLETELY forget to go to a mate's Mum's place for dinner. Then it took me a couple of weeks to actually get the courage to ring up to apologise. Needless to say, we were never invited again.....that was an oops...!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well its a Fantastic card Denise.
    I have never scrapped at that time, but have been awake and thinking about scrapbooking ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Denise Love the image, so very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denis, it's unbelievable tawake up at 3 am to make a card! you're great! ))) and the card is wonderful! love this arrow and old car - is it a photo or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what were you doing up at 3 am or had you not been to bed yet.... Maybe this is why I can't get anything done at the moment. I go to bed to early but I have been so dam exhausted. :P
    This card is just beautiful and I love that car image. SO clever. Love this lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic masculine card Denise! I love the vintage car image and mix of fun papers! Surely your coworker will treasure this! What a crafting story! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had a giggle reading your post Denise. I do get up at all hours of the night and do some scrapping, but it's because I have insomnia. Good on you for getting the card done and it's perfect for a blokes card. Love the rusty image and the arrow packs a punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Not bad at all!! Shame you must have been exhausted today lolol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are dedicated to get up at 3 to make a card...and it turned out absolutely gorgeous too. You must have had an exhausting day after all that xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what a sensational card! I don't know if I would have got up at 3am to make it though! I think I would have got up at normal time, rushed something and it wouldn't have turned out anywhere near as good as this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous and does bear no evidence of how it came to be.....:-)
    Really a perfect card for a guy. Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh such a fabulous male card. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete