This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Christmas Tree - Space Saver - Candy Cane Lane - BoBunny

Hello Everyone

I hope that your Christmas shopping and preparations are going well! ;-)

I have an Aunt who is 86 and stays in a Retirement village near us.  She is in room, which she shares with another lady.  So I wanted to give her something Christmassy for her room, but had to keep it small.

I had got some inspiration from the shopping centre near us, that had a Christmas tree, made from huge doilies.  So here is my tree, made from different sized diecuts.  I am sure that any circular type diecuts would work perfectly.


I used a dowel stick for the centre and punched holes into the centre of my diecuts.  I also added a little plastic jar, which I covered with paper, as the base. Each diecut piece I just cut a slit from the centre to the edge, and then stuck the ends together to give it a curve.


I added pearls and gems as the decorations.


This is how it looks from above!

I will pop past my Aunt today and give it to her.  I hope she likes it!!

Anyways....hope you are enjoying the festive season.

Have a super, festive day!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. This is just adorable Denise! I am sure your Aunt will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! wonderful herringbone turned !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable and so clever! And what a sweet niece you are to do this for her! One week until Christmas Eve! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful gift Denise - I'm sure she will love it. Such a clever and pretty idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This idea is 'genious'. Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea and I am sure that your Aunt loved it. So clever too. Will have to try that for next year I think if I have found my mojo by then. Merry Christmas and I hope that 2015 will be a wonderful year for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable project...love it. It would look wonderful on a Christmas table.

    ReplyDelete